Monday, 13 February 2017

Red Ice have started to produce some great videos on healthy eating etc. so I will add the link below and encourage everyone to watch these.


In our household we make kefir drinks - both milk and fruit kefir. Included is a link on nut milks. This is something which we don't do as yet, namely because I'd rather use harvested nuts than shop bought. I know where several walnut trees grow near to where I live, and there are numerous hazel trees. A young almond tree grown within sight of my front garden, so may be this year I'll give nut milk a try. Soy milk is often drunk as an alternative to dairy. I would suggest males avoid drinking this on a regular bases as soy contains high levels of oestrogen. It is also true that Europeans are generally lactose tolerant. Diary contains good fats which are essential for  your brain - human breast milk is 50% fat. Ghee is an Indian butter that has had the diary removed from it (you can do this at home with butter by heating is until is separates). Ghee has a surprisingly long shelf life so makes a good prepper's butter. Ghee is rich in vitamins A, D and E. 

I would also encourage everyone to try the bone broth. I make gelatin almost weekly from chicken and this really is a superfood. Add the gelatin to soup. Gelatin is given to hospital patients in many countries. It is high in amino acids and is great for joint pain.

Along with these videos I would highly recommend the book  'Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook That Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats' by Sally Fallon (don't allow the leftist style book cover put you off). This book, and all of her other works are full of information on healthy eating, which is backed up be research, facts and example.  

Lastly, I'm hoping that Red Ice produce a video on kombucha, which is a fermented tea drink. We produce this in our household and is done by growing a SCOBY, which is a yeast type solid which produces a healthy bacteria that is good for you, much the same way as the bacteria in Yakult works. Kombucha is flavoured with fruit and each bottle will grow its own SCOBY.  

No comments:

Post a Comment